1. It's set in gorgeous, sunny Brighton.
2. Beautiful Broken Things is a wonderful celebration of friendship and is the very definition of a good read.
3. It covered mental health and showed that there is always a solution. Suicide doesn't have to be the answer.
4. I loved the intense friendships in place of romance. It's something I don't see explored in such depth very often.
5. The cover is BEEYOOTIFUL.
6. It's the story of a wild, fun, excitable, terrified, sad, broken girl. And I am a thesaurus, apparently.
7. It featured a bunch of different backgrounds and classes, and it was interesting to see how these interacted.
This is a cat being interested.
8. It mentions macarons.
9. Sara Barnard just gets it and I think she's going to become one of Britain's most treasured YA writers.
10. It's an intense read that shows just how complicated but wonderful friendships can be.
Title: Beautiful Broken Things
Author: Sara Barnard
Published by: Macmillan Children's Books
Publication date: 11th February 2016
Genres: YA Contemporary/Friendship/Mental Health
Source: Review copy from the publisher.