Well, would you look at that; another year has flown by. Is it just me or do years go quicker as you get older? I don't like it. I also don't like the fact that I can now say I'll be 19 next year. WTF.
Anyway, I have a few goals this year, both personal and to do with The Mile Long Bookshelf. I'm not a fan of this time when we have to say goodbye to one year and hello to another, because I put so much pressure on myself to have a good year. In a way, that's a good thing. But it also worries me because what if I don't have a good year? Gah. I do like a good list, though, so here are my goals for 2016. It doesn't matter too much if I don't manage all of them, but I'd very much like to.
- I got my provisional licence ages ago but I have yet to start driving lessons because they're expensive af. I'm getting there, though. Even if I don't get my own car this year, I want to at least be able to drive.
- Last year I made a lot of progress anxiety-wise that really surprised me. This year, my goal is to not get worse.
- Continue to actively replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Last year I decided to do this because I thought it would make me happier, and it did! I had a lot of rubbish moments - everyone does - but 2015 was definitely a happier year for me and I think it made me into a better person, too.
- I want to start getting up earlier.
- Learn to cook. Because seriously. Eating popcorn with a spoon does not make it a meal.
- I want to go abroad somewhere. Probably not going to happen but it was my goal last year, too, and it never happened so it's carrying over into 2016. Day in Paris, anyone?
- I need to make time to go through and edit what I wrote for NaNoWriMo. I planned to do this in the Christmas holidays but I had to focus on coursework.
- On the subject of coursework, I want to do well in my exams. I struggled with my IGCSEs because I didn't know what to expect, and the unknown is something my anxiety thrives on. But I've done it now, so even though these exams will be harder, I'm hoping it won't be such a struggle.
- I also need a job. In case you didn't know, I left the newspaper I was writing for in May last year for a bunch of reasons, and I miss working. My goal is to work in Waterstones (how amazing would that be?) but it depends on my health and whether I get to a point where I can actually commit and have someone rely on me.
- I'd like to grow my following a little more. Usually I have numerical goals for this but...
- I'm going to focus on my content. I'd rather have a few followers and content I'm truly proud of than lots of followers and content that's lacking.
- Keep going. With each year that passes, it gets harder to think up new ideas, but I'll get through it.
- Get started on a THING which I haven't even had time to think about in detail so I'm not going to say what it is just yet.
- I'd like to hit 2,000 subscribers but I don't know how likely that is.
- I want to make my videos more creative. I put so much effort into them already, but my channel is mostly hauls, book recommendations and Q&As. I'd like to mix it up a bit.
- I want to get proper lights because the lighting is always dodgy in my house. I try my best to make it semi-good but there's only so much you can do without lights that are specific for photography and filming.
What are your goals for this year? I hope 2016 treats you well!