A few months ago I was browsing on Amazon and I came across a book called Did I Mention I Love You? by Estelle Maskame. I wasn't sure whether I'd enjoy it but, long story short, I ordered it and now I'm practically dying waiting for the third and final instalment. Here are ten reasons you need to join me in fangirling about this awesome trilogy.
1. Estelle Maskame was only thirteen when she wrote the trilogy on Wattpad, and sixteen when she revised it and Black & White gave her a book deal.
2. And if that makes you uncertain about it being an incredible trilogy, just look at the size of the DIMILY fandom (100,000+) and take into account that the rights have been sold to 9+ countries. Honestly. Don't be ageist.
3) DIMILY boasts one of the cutest, most fun couples in YA, but with a twist - they're step-siblings. Nothing better than a book that pushes the boundaries.
4) And of course it's set in some beautiful places, including California and New York, and I think there's a little bit of Chicago in the third and final book...
5) Estelle Maskame is a phenomenal writer and you will fall in love with the trilogy instantly. I'd say the books are in the same league as one of my other favourite trilogies by Stephanie Perkins. Seriously, if you're in a reading slump, DIMILY will get you out of it in no time.
6) This trilogy is so perfect for escapism. Hello Santa Monica, goodbye muddy English countryside with your cows, tractors, and people who still get around by horse and cart. (I'm being serious.)
7) And the trilogy will make you feel good. Who needs a hot chocolate on a cold winter night when you can have DIMILY? They have the same affect, and one of them lasts longer.
8) DIMILY will give you a serious case of wanderlust and a new book boyfriend to add to your list.
9) The author is lovely (although she'll probably break us all with the third and final book). The first two are already emotionally soul destroying, so...
10) My cat likes it.
Have you read DIMILY? If not, do you think you will? (I think you should.)