I like getting comments because...
- It means my blog post made someone think.
- I love hearing other peoples' opinions.
- Sometimes comments, especially on discussion posts, can bring up a really good point that I didn't think of myself, and/or make me think about something differently.
- It can be a way of finding new blogs to read.
- While page views show you exactly how many times your post has been seen, I feel like comments actually prove it. To me, comments are people, and page views are just numbers.
- It fascinates me! I hate maths but it's so interesting seeing how popular/unpopular a blog post is.
- It's nice to know there are people actually reading this. When I started my very first blog, Blogger didn't even have a way to check stats. I was convinced no one was reading until they finally introduced stats four years later!
Would you rather get more comments or more page views?
P.S I don't usually do an 'add on' at the bottom of a blog post, but I have news! It's so exciting and you can read what I'm talking about here.