I've never made a list of goals or resolutions for my blog, but according to my Business Studies teacher (I knew that class would come in handy for something...) having goals to work towards makes you more focused and motivated. I know it's practically March, but I didn't have any space to post this in January or earlier in February. So...here's my list. Let's hope these happen, but I won't be too fussed if they don't!
- Reach 500 GFC or Bloglovin' followers.
2013 was great because I moved from 100 GFC followers to nearly 400, and from 0 Bloglovin' followers to over 300. In 2014 I would love to reach 500 on both! There's no reason for this, I just like stats... #weird. Oh great, I've started using hashtags on Blogger. There's a clear sign I need a Twitter break if ever I saw one...
- Reach 500 YouTube subscribers. (If you're interested in making that happen, you can subscribe here...xD)
Since starting to 'booktube' in July, I reached nearly 300 subscribers. Again, 500 would be a really nice number to reach before the end of 2014. I don't want it to happen too quickly though, I think that would be too overwhelming... is that weird?... Don't answer that.
- Get to 200,000 page views.
I have just over 100,000 at the moment and it'd be nice to double that!
- Reach 200 newsletter subscribers.
If you didn't know, I send out a monthly newsletter with exclusive tips, giveaways and, of course, blogging news. Link is in the sidebar. ;)
- Read at least
Since coming up with that goal, I have actually changed it to 80, as I feel like trying to read 100 books is a bit ridiculous considering this is probably going to be the busiest year of my life. *cue sad violins playing in the background*
- Take more time over editing my videos.
- Improve my reviews.
- Write more personal posts.
- Say 'no' more often to blog tour requests, except those I am genuinely excited about.
- Stop accepting review books unless I desperately want them and know I'll read them. This is going really well so far!
- Keep track of the ARCs I receive, with their review deadlines etc. I am using Octavia's 2014 planner for this. It's amazing, and it doesn't cost a lot!
What are your blogging goals and resolutions for 2014? If you don't have any, it's not too late to make them...