Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear blog, Happy Birthday to youuuuu! Woooo! Guess what? The Mile Long Bookshelf is 4 years old! Let's have a look at some of the things that have happened this year...
- themilelongbookshelf.blogspot.com became themilelongbookshelf.com - we bought our own domain!
- The Mile Long Bookshelf won 'Trending Blog' in the Bloggy Awards!
- We brought new book bloggers into the blogging world with the Blog 101 series.
- We were added to lots more publisher databases, meaning The Mile Long Bookshelf is now receiving more review books than ever before as we're now with over 60 different publishers!
- We hit a record of over 100,000 page views!
- The Mile Long Bookshelf was in the acknowledgements in Luisa Plaja's 'Diary of a Mall Girl.'
- The Mile Long Bookshelf was the Featured Blogger in Feature and Follow Friday in August, gaining over 30 new followers and over 100 comments on the blog post.
- I started scheduling blog posts far in advance which made me a lot more organised. For example, I'm writing this on sunny August 5th (*cough* And November 30th), not chilly December 1st like you might think (but I'll be editing this post as the year goes on so it's all up-to-date.)
- I made amazing new bloggy friends such as Ruby, Jack, Rita, Amy, Sunny, Charli and Hawwa!
- I started vlogging! You can see my channel here.
- I hosted Halloween Week, full of wailing writers, ghoulish guest posts and freaky freebies. You can see the kick-off post here.
- I wrote a grand total of 62 reviews, just this year alone.
- I was plagiarised for the first time by various different people, and it taught me to be more careful with what I blog about.
- The blog was fully re-designed. You can see a timeline of this blog's designs here. I'm planning to re-design again sometime next year.
So what is the Blogoversary Festival and what will it consist of? WELL. I'm glad you asked. ;)
|The dates on this picture are wrong, it's meant to be 1st-14th Dec. Shh...|
Now I'm going to thank a ton of people for making these past four years AWESOME. Thank you to all the publishers and authors who have sent me books to review this year. Every morning I am astounded by the generosity of people in the book world again and again. If I didn't have this blog, I really don't know what I would do!
Next I would like to thank my bloggy friends, mainly Zoe C, Zoe B, Jack, Sophie, Ruby, Sunny, Hawwa, Arianne, Charli, Rebekah, Holly, Jessica, the other Jessica, Rebecca, Emma, Amy, Rita, Rachel, Georgia and Lucy for making me laugh all day every day all year! I'm so lucky to be friends with you all and just talking to you makes my day. You're so supportive and if we ever met, well...I think it would be a bit crazy.
I would also like to thank some authors who have supported me and the blog this year. That's you, Natasha, Luisa, Keris, Cathy, Andy, Malorie, Emma, Siobhan, Daniela, Holly and Sophia. You're all fabulous and insanely talented!
Finally I would like to thank YOU. Reading my blog is simply what keeps it going so thank you!!
That's it for the first blogoversary post. Sorry it's kind of, erm, long. See you tomorrow when you get to have a peek inside the first tent!
*Top banner made by the amazing Ruby from Feed Me Books Now!!! Lineup poster made by myself.